NCOPE's philosophical position continues to remain the same regarding non-competes and residency. That is, NCOPE does not look favorably on the use of non-competes at any time during residency. However, based upon legal recommendation, NCOPE cannot ban non-competition agreements, since there is no universal public policy reason against such an agreement. Residents are employees of, and receive salary and benefits from their residency program. As employees, in most states they can be asked to sign valid non-compete agreements.
- The proposed CAAHEP Pedorthic Education Standards are open for public comment through 10/10/19
- Live NCOPE Tracker Training Registration is Now Open
- NCOPE to Participate in Health Professions Week
- Noteworthy Quarterly Newletter - June 2019, Issue 2
- An Open Letter to the Orthotic and Prosthetic Field on Sexual Misconduct, Harassment, and Discrimination in the Workplace